Jenny Academy – How To – Fix Windows 10, Outlook 2013 outgoing mail problem
As with any operating system upgrade, things can and usually do go wrong. In some cases the entire upgrade is a total failure and in other cases, a few things that worked before no longer work.
With the recent Windows 10 rollout, we have come across an issue with previously installed Office 2013 – Outlook. This problems shows up in the form of Emails will not send out or Outlook gives errors when opening.
To fix these problems, please action the following on the computer experiencing the problem:
- Click on the Start Button and type “cmd”
- “Command Prompt” will appear at the top of the start menu, Right click on this and click on “Run as Administrator”
- You will be asked to confirm that you wish to run this as Administrator, Select “Yes”.
- In the command line window that appears, type “sfc /scannow”, press enter
- This will start the process to check all the system files and fix any problems that it may encounter.
- Once this is complete, Restart your computer.
- Mail sending should be working.
This has been testing on various computers to find that it worked on all of them, however, your specific problem could be different at its core and this solution may not work for you.
Ultimately, your closest computer technician should be contacted to assist for and localised computers.
28 total views, 1 views today