Jenny Academy – Product – Cloud PBX
What is the cloud PBX.
- In today’s internet terms, Cloud means – “ In the internet” or “Service hosted off site, in internet.
- PBX stands for “Private Branch Exchange”
Conventionally, a company’s PBX is box that is mounted on the wall inside the building of a company. All the telephone lines come into this PBX box. All the company’s employee’s telephones get connected to this PBX box as well.
The PBX manages all the call routing, barring, pin codes, voicemails and many other services that may be available on that model PBX.
These PBX’s are pieces of hardware specifically designed with with certain feature and restrictions. eg.
- If you had a PBX that was 5 years old and now there is a feature on new PBX’s that you would like to make use of, you would need to replace the PBX hardware with a whole new unit that has that capability.
- If you wanted to add an extension to the PBX for a new staff member, you would need to call the PBX technician out to run a new cable and program the PBX to get this new extension working.
The Cloud PBX is taking the word “decentralisation” to the max. This is taking the PBX out from the restriction of the building of the company to the greater internet. The PBX services are loaded on a server on the internet. The software that runs the PBX services is constantly upgraded and therefore new features and functions become available with these upgrades at no cost to the client.
In order to utilize the Cloud PBX service, a clean and stable internet connection is required. This Cloud PBX can be used at any site with a clean and stable internet connection. This breaks down the barrier of connecting multiple branches together with their telephone system.
Advantages for Companies with branches:
- Each branch can connect to one Cloud PBX
- Each branch can have their of extension number range
- Calls can be transferred from Branch to branch.
- 1 Receptionist for all branches.
- Have an extension at the bosses house. (so you can get hold of him/her even when they at home and their cell is off)
Available Features most used:
- Time Conditions
- Call Recording
- Pin Codes
- Voice Mail
- Call Forwarding when no answer (even to a cell number)
- Ring Groups / Call Queueing
There are other features that are available. Please can the call centre to enquire about a specific feature that you may like to use.
What do you need for Cloud PBX to work for you:
- Clean and stable Internet connection
- Cloud PBX subscription with Jenny Internet for the amount of Extensions that you require
- VoIP subscription with Jenny Internet, depending on the number of lines required determines the number of voip subscriptions.
- Each extension handset must be a SIP / VoIP capable device with the G729 codec embedded.
- Internal network infrastructure. The handsets connect to the internet via your internal network cable infrastructure the same way your computers do.
For pricing please see the link to the Jenny Website http://www.jenny.co.za/cloud-pbx
For any other information, please feel free to contact the Call Centre Sales team on 086 145 3669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send your enquiry from the Jenny Internet Website http://www.jenny.co.za/contact-us.
23 total views, 1 views today